Geißler organ at the Frauenkirche church in Groitzsch

Conrad Geißler (1825–1897) ran his own workshop in Eilenburg from 1852–1897, after completing his training and apprenticeship with Weinecke, Mende, Ladegast and Walcker. He built around 120 organs in this time. Geißler maintained a close relationship with Ladegast even after he ceased to be Ladegast’s employee. Between 1864 and 1873, he built four organs that were commissioned by Ladegast. He built his largest organ, with three manuals and 44 stops, for the parish church in Torgau (no longer preserved). In 1885, he built the two-manual organ in Groitzsch with mechanical action and slider windchests. II/17. The Bochmann company, based in Kohren-Sahlis, performed a general overhaul in 2007.
Text: Klaus Gernhardt

Details

Stop list

Great (C–f´´)

1 Bourdon 16´
2 Principal 8´
3 Hohlflöte 8´
4 Octave 4´
5 Gemshorn 4´
6 Octave 2´
7 Quinte 1 1/3´
8 Mixture III

Swell (C–f´´´)

9 Gedackt 8´
10 Principal 4´
11 Waldflöte 2´
12 Schwiegel 1´
13 Sesquialtera II

Pedal (C–d´)

14 Violon 16´
15 Sub Bass 16´
16 Principal Bass 8´
17 Choral Flute 4´

Manual coupler
Pedal coupler

Address

Address: Frauenkirche Groitzsch
Street/house no. Wiesengasse 1
Post code/city: 04539 Groitzsch

Contact person

Protestant Parish of Groitzsch
Cantor Dirk Zimmermann
Wiesengasse 1
04539 Groitzsch
Telephone +49 (0)34296 369392 (Cantor)