Kreutzbach organ at the protestant church of Lobstädt

In 1887, Richard Kreutzbach built the organ in Lobstädt with mechanical action for both manuals. The note action for the pedal and the stop action operate via a pneumatic control system.
After the death of company founder Urban Kreutzbach (1796–1868), his sons Richard (1839–1903) and Bernhard (1843–?) took over the business. From 1875, Richard Kreutzbach was the sole proprietor of the company. He co-founded the 37-member “Association of German Organ Builders” in 1895. His long-time employees, Karl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt (1862–1945) and Friedrich Wilhelm Berger (1862–1929), took over the company in 1903 and changed the name to “Schmidt & Berger”.

Church:
The aisleless church with its west tower dates to the late Romanesque period. The choir was completed in about 1500. An ambry can still be found on the north side of the choir. An altar wing with carved figures documents the interior fixtures from around 1510. In 1610, the church was severely damaged by a fire. Reconstruction and repair work is documented in 1698, 1839 and 1887. In 1887, the second gallery on the north side was knocked down and the tower was given a window on the south side.
The eight-cornered pulpit constructed in 1650, with the relief figures in its arched niches, came from the demolished church in Zehmen. The carved crucifix in front of the centre choir window came from the church in Görnitz, which was also demolished.
The west gallery contains the Richard Kreutzbach organ from 1887. II/12
Text: Klaus Gernhardt


Additional literature: 
- Acta Organologica, Volume 34, Verlag Merseburge 2015
  Klaus Walter/ Gert Rothe/ Wolfram Hackel/ Jiri Kocourek
  Richard Kreutzbach (1839–1903), Leben und Werk (Life and Works)

Details

Stop list
 
1st manual C–f'''
2nd manual C – f'''
Pedal C – d'
 
1.  Bourdon 16'
2.  Principal 8'
3.  Viola di Gamba 8'
4.  Gedackt 8'
5.  Principal 4'
6.  Quinte 2 2/3'  Tutti button
7.  Octave 2'
8. Hohlflöte 8'
9. Salicional 8'
10. Fugara 4'
11. Sub Bass 16'
12. Principal 8'


Manual coupler
 Pedal coupler

 The Schmeisser company reconfigured the stop list in 1966.
1st manual
Quintaton 8' instead of Viola di Gamba 8', Sesquialtera II and Rauschquinte II instead of Quinte 2 2/3' and Bourdon 16', Tausch Gedackt 8' instead of Fugara 4'
2nd manual
New Rohrflöte 4' and Tonus Fabri II instead of Salicional 8' and Hohlflöte 8'

Facilities

 

Address

Address: Pfarramt der Kirchgemeinde Lobstädt-Neukieritzsch
Street/house no. Victoriastraße 21
Post code/city: 04575 Neukieritzsch OT Lobstädt