Mende organ at the Podelwitz village church

Johann Gottlob Mende (1787–1850) founded his own workshop in Leipzig in 1820. From 1821 to 1848, he was the last university organ builder in Leipzig. He built the organ for Podelwitz from 1840–41. It is documented as the third organ at this church, and was built at the same time as the organ in St. Paul’s church in Leipzig. II/22. Repair work was performed and stops reconfigured from 1888–1903 and in 1912. In 1917, the tin façade pipes were seized and removed; they were replaced with zinc pipes in 1927. Comprehensive restoration and reconstruction work was undertaken between 1977 and 1993 and in 2011 (Hermann Eule Orgelbau).
Text: Klaus Gernhardt

Details

Stop list

Great (C–d''')

1 Bourdon 16'
2 Principal 8'
3 Viola da Gamba 8'
4 Gedackt 8'
5 Quintaton 8'
6 Octave 4'
7 Gemshorn 4'
8 Quinte 3'
9 Octave 2'
10 Mixture IV

Swell (C–d''')

11 Concert Flute 8'
12 Rohrflöte 8'
13 Principal 4'
14 Spitzflöte 4'
15 Octave 2'
16 Cornet IV, from c'
17 Oboe 8'
18 Physharmonika 8'

Pedal (C–d')

19 Sub Bass16'
20 Violon Bass 16'
21 Principal Bass 8'
22 Posaune 16'
Auxiliary stop
Manual slide coupler
Pedal coupler
Valve for Great
Valve for Swell
Swell kick for Physharmonika

Facilities

 

Address

Address: Dorfkirche Podelwitz
Street/house no. Buchenwalder Straße 3
Post code/city: 04519 Rackwitz OT Podelwitz

Contact person

Protestant Parish of Podelwitz-Wiederitzsch
Parish Office in Podelwitz
Pastor Dorothea Arndt
Buchenwalder Str. 3
04519 Rackwitz