The romantically landscaped park between Grimma and Höfgen is situated above steep porphyry cliffs rising from the banks of the Mulde. Jutta Ida Gleisberg had the park designed in around 1900, modelled on the great English landscape parks and Italian gardens. From the observation tower the eye is drawn down the avenue of chestnut trees to the Marienthron Cistercian convent in Nimbschen, which sits directly opposite the tower on the other side of the river, and can be reached by a manually-operated passenger ferry. The park also contains historic water features, sculptures and sound installations.
- LEIPZIG REGION
- Plan a trip